Land and Communities
Medway and Swale, North Kent
Woolleys Orchard, Rainham
Plans: Woolleys Orchard includes plans to build 202 new family and affordable homes to meet local housing demand and will contribute around £2.5m towards a sustainable transport infrastructure for the area, as well as improvements to local education, health facilities, highways, public footpaths and green open space.
- 21-acre site
- £2.5m investment in transport infrastructure
- Upgrades to Rainham library, Splashes Leisure Centre and providing better facilities and services for young people
Rushenden, Isle of Sheppey
Plans: Potential for new community including a wide range of new homes, new ecological and landscape areas, new highways infrastructure and community facilities.
- 278 acres in ownership and control and Peel L&P
- 1,000-2,000 new homes potential subject to design and capacity studies
- Opportunity to support the ongoing regeneration of Rushenden and Queenborough
- Development of former dredging deposit site provides the potential for land improvements and landscape and ecological enhancement