24 Nov 2021
Peel L&P submits planning application for 162 homes at Manchester Waters
Peel L&P has submitted plans for 162 homes at Manchester Waters. The application follows a 10-day public consultation where members of the public were invited to share their views.
The proposals include the development of private rented apartments across two buildings. The development will form part of a wider Manchester Waters masterplan to regenerate the vacant brownfield site and bring much needed quality homes. In addition, the development will include associated public realm and benefit from excellent connectivity with Manchester City Centre, MediaCity and beyond as a result of its proximity to Cornbrook Metrolink.
- A range of one, two and three bedroomed apartments
- Residents will be able to enjoy a communal terrace, courtyard garden, lounge.
- The plans will deliver a well-designed, sustainable new community at this large-scale vacant site, which will also promote healthy lifestyles.
- Excellent transport links – close to Cornbrook Metrolink station
- Cycle parking spaces and electric vehicle charging points.
- Waterfront aspect, overlooking both the Bridgewater Canal and the Manchester Ship Canal.
- 42 car parking spaces
The proposals represent a significant investment into the local area and will create new jobs throughout the construction stage. The new residents will increase footfall in local shops and service as well as increasing spend in the local economy.
James Whittaker, Peel L&P’s Executive Director of Development said: “This is the next step in our exciting plans for Manchester Waters. The feedback received from the public consultation has been valuable, with a number of existing residents in the area coming forward to say that they really enjoy living by the canal front in a location so close to Manchester city centre and transport links.”
More information about Manchester Waters.