Haydock Point, Haydock
Haydock Point is a proposed employment park in St Helens, at Junction 23 of the M6 where it meets the A580 East Lancashire Road. The proposals seek to create a new logistics and manufacturing development on land between the junction and Haydock Park Racecourse, comprising up to 167,000 square metres (1,800,000 square feet) of new floorspace, new transport infrastructure and structural landscaping.
The project will deliver major transport investment around Junction 23 of the M6 and the intersection with the A580 East Lancashire Road and A49 Lodge Lane. These improvements, funded and delivered by the development, will reduce journey times by improving the flow of traffic and improving safety by updating signalling, signage and priority use of the junction.
- 250 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) construction jobs
- Construction apprenticeship opportunities, e.g. electricians, construction management
- Construction supply chain opportunities for local companies
- £155 million construction value and worth £25million to the economy (GVA)
Once fully built, the development is expected to deliver the following benefits:
- In the region of 2,500 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs*
- Wide range of apprenticeship opportunities focused around the logistics and manufacturing sectors
- £3.3 million Business Rates per annum, of which £2.6m would be retained in St Helens under current retention levels
- Worth £149 million each year to the economy (GVA)
- Aiming to meet BREAAM and Net Zero Carbon ready standards
For further information visit Haydock Point
Community projects that are personal to the area and that the local people feel proud of
Our land and communities team focus on creating places for people to thrive, where everything is considered and developed for a more sustainable future for all.
Click on each site below for more information on some of our key projects
A lasting legacy
RHS Garden Bridgewater is one of our most significant legacy projects - read more about the part we played in bringing this project to fruition.
Building a new community
Discover how our carefully designed houses in Westhoughton are helping to help meet the needs of today’s familiries and generations to come.